My project is heavily dependent on the Internet so much of
the web stuff will be inherent in the development of the work.
Preproduction
-Draft a 3-line synopsis
I have a
synopsis to accompany web content that has been developed and a few versions
exist with varying degrees of length brevity.
-Brainstorm ideas for film branding
Branding
will be created as a web presence for an animation LLC. With enough good
content the brand would create notoriety, hopefully, but effective brandings is
something that occurs as a result of good content and a focused target for
audience perception. Freddie Wong gained notoriety arguably because of three
things. Winning a video game tournament, the Time Crisis tribute and because he
continued creating content. I definitely want a solid logo and a pitch about
what our perceived genre could be. In addition I want a brand associated with
education tutorials on relevant software.
-Web Development/Email database
Much of the
website initiatives will begin with mock-ups by me. Even when I hand it off to
a web designer many elements including the initial site set-up will be in
place. This is so that I can save money and allow the developer to focus on
SEO, site optimization, and proper graphics integration. I will keep an email
database through the WordPress engine so I can send email blasts through my
website and media stream.
Production
-Video Shoots for Web Content
“My
production videos” will be tutorial or question and answer format that may give
insight into specific project elements. They may or may not be launched before
the project is complete.
-Site Development
Site
development will begin after the first episode is made. However it will not
launch until tutorials are ready.
-Research Appropriate Festivals
Since I will be releasing online I
will have to locate festivals that consider websites. One such festival is
SXSW.
Post Production
-IMDB
-Content Calendar
Ill fill a
content calendar with episode releases tutorial updates and news pushes on
Adobe and animation.
-Trailer
I will probably use the first episode
in lieu of a trailer.
Release
-Plan Launch event
The launch event will be an advertising campaign. Some
advertisements will be for tutorials while others will be for the episode.
-Affiliates
Try to create partnership with YouTube advertisers assuming
the clicks are there. We will seek endorsements form others such as Cold Hard
Flash and Keyframer.
-Social Channels and Websites
These will be maintained and will be content or news
oriented blasts including tutorials, work of other artists and webisodes.
I think you have an opertunity to give away a bunch of stuff, and that might just bring in the audience. Because its just you, and because you are doing so many different things, even if you just do production diary stuff, the people that populate your fanbase are going to eat up all content. Are you including that stuff, when you plan your production?
ReplyDelete